Everything you need to know about the 2018 Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony…
Date & Time
August 21, 2018
6:30pm Taco Bar & Mingling
7:00pm Meeting & Awards Ceremony
Jackson’s First Presbyterian Church
743 W. Michigan Ave. Jackson, MI 49202
A casual social event and recap of our season, this event is free and open to the public. Doors will open for a taco bar and mingling at 6:30pm, with the meeting and awards ceremony beginning at 7:00pm. We will also be welcoming back Free Shrugs Improv for entertainment! This is a free event, all members of the community are invited to attend!
More than a complimentary lift of the shoulders, FREE SHRUGS IMPROV is a team of performers dedicated to providing clean comedy and family friendly entertainment. Their presentation includes an interactive series of skits and games based on your suggestions. The result is an experience of hilarious fun and laughter you won’t soon forget!
Awards will be presented during the Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony. Nomination for awards is now closed.
What awards are presented?
Outstanding Performer Award, Rookie of the Year, Hammy Award, Techie Award, Youth Award, President’s Award, Ted Wood Award, and Shining Star Award.
Please note: An ad-hoc committee has recently been formed to adjust the membership requirement for awards for the 2018-19 Season. More information on that to be announced early this fall.
It is membership renewal time! We accept new members year-round, though if you would like to vote for the upcoming season’s board of directors, or be eligible for certain awards, there are some deadlines coming up!
- If you were a member in the 2017-18 Season…You can renew your membership online now, or wait until the Annual Meeting on August 21st and you will still be eligible for awards and to vote for the 2018-19 Board of Directors.
- If you were not a member in the 2017-18 Season…The deadline to purchase membership in order to vote at the 2018 Annual Meeting or be eligible for 2017-18 Awards has now passed.
- If you are not sure what your membership status is…That’s okay! Just contact Katie Meyers at email@example.com / 517-539-4118 (call or text) and she will let you know!
Annual Membership Prices
$10 = Student Member (no voting rights)
$20 = Individual Member (18+ years old)
$35 = Couple Membership
$55 = Family Membership (any size–limit 4 comp tickets)
Benefits of Membership
- One complimentary ticket per member for the season of CSJ productions (up to 4 comp tickets per family). Note: Comp tickets do not cover the price of the meal for Sandhill Crane Vineyard events.
- Free or discounted entry to workshops, such as the Audition Workshop or Improv Workshop held this past season
- Eligibility to receive any award in the 2017-18 Season
- Members 18 and over are able to vote for and/or run for a seat on the Board of Directors
- First to be contacted with announcements about auditions, ticket sales, discounts, and more!
Apparel – NEW!
We now have Center Stage Jackson tshirts, hoodies, and long sleeve shirts available for purchase online in Youth and Adult sizes! Shirts are $9.00, hoodies are $22.00, and long sleeve shirts are $12.00.
All apparel orders completed before August 14, 2018 will be available for pickup at the Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony on August 21st. If you are unable to pick up your order at the Annual Meeting or make a purchase after August 14, your order will be relocated to Edible Arrangements of Jackson (923 N Wisner St, Jackson, MI 49202) and your item(s) will be available for pickup between 9:00am and 7:00pm.Purchase Apparel!
Board of Directors: Open Seats
For this year’s board vote we will have 5 board seats open, with 4 current board members up for re-election (incumbent).
Board members running this year:
- Kelly Crippen
- Daniel Dye (incumbent)
- Susanna Ellis (incumbent)
- Amanda Frerichs
- Don LaFollette
- Veronica Long (incumbent)
- Melissa McElhone (incumbent)
You do not have to be interested in being on stage or backstage in order to be on the board of directors, as we are always in need of those skilled in business, organizational development, marketing, and more to help keep this non-profit running smoothly. We are looking for dedicated people that are passionate about bringing theater to the Jackson community, with a variety of backgrounds and talents!
If you are interested in joining the board of directors, or would like to know more about the commitment, please email Katie Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for names to appear on the Annual Meeting ballot (and absentee ballot) has now passed, though we will also accept nominations during the meeting.
Board of Directors Vote
Upon arrival at the Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony on August 21st, all persons eligible (see Membership above) to vote will be given a voting ballot and a page that lists the names and biographies of all of the individuals running for the 2018-19 Board of Directors. Nominations will also be taken from the floor at that time.
An absentee ballot will be emailed to all 2018-19 Members on August 14, 2018 and must be completed by 5:00pm August 21, 2018, in the event that any members are unable to attend the Annual Meeting to vote in person. Please note that the absentee ballot will not include any nominations from the floor the night of the vote.
Dates & Deadlines Breakdown!
Whew, that was a lot of info! Here are all the important dates:
- July 24th
- Deadline – Award nominations close at 11:59pm
- Deadline – Any persons that were not members in the 2017-18 Season and wish to be eligible for any award must purchase membership by this date
- Deadline – Any persons that were not members in the 2017-18 Season and wish to vote for the board of directors must purchase membership by this date
- August 1st
- Deadline – Any persons that wish to run for the board of directors must contact Katie Meyers by this date
- August 14th
- Deadline – Make your apparel purchase by this date in order to pick it up at the Annual Meeting
- Absentee ballot will be sent out to eligible members
- August 21st
- Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony!
Katie Meyers at email@example.com or (517) 539-4118.