Everything you need to know about the 2021 Annual Meeting…
Date & Time
Tuesday August 17, 2021
This year’s Annual Meeting will be held via Zoom (online).
More info about awards to be announced at a later date.
The primary purpose for this meeting is the Election for the 2021-22 Board of Directors. The vote will be held online via ElectionRunner.
It is membership renewal time! We accept new members year-round, though if you would like to run for the board or vote for the board of directors there is a deadline coming up!
- If you were a member in the 2019-20 or 2020-21 Season…
- Your membership can be renewed now and will be good through July 1, 2022
- To Run for the Board: You must renew your membership by June 30
- To Vote for the Board: You must renew your membership by August 17 at 5:00pm.
- Get more info…
- If you were not a member in the 2019-20 or 2020-21 Season…
- You can purchase membership now and it will be current through July 1, 2022
- To Run for the Board: You must purchase membership by June 30
- To Vote for the Board: You must purchase membership by July 20
- Note: This date is different from renewing members (see above).
- Note: This date is different from renewing members (see above).
- If you are not sure what your membership status is…
That’s okay! Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-539-4118, we are happy to help!
Annual Membership Prices
$10 = Student Member: One youth (under 18 years old). Receive one comp ticket. No voting rights.
$20 = Individual Member: One adult (age 18+). Receive one comp ticket
$35 = Couple Membership: Two adults living at one residence. Receive two comp tickets.
$55 = Family Membership: Any number of adults and youths living at one residence. Receive a maximum of 4 comp tickets.
Benefits of Membership
- One complimentary ticket per member for the season of CSJ productions (up to 4 comp tickets per family).
Note: Comp tickets do not cover the price of the meal for Sandhill Crane Vineyard events.
- Free or discounted entry to workshops
- Eligibility to receive any award.
- Members 18 and over are able to vote for and/or run for a seat on the Board of Directors.
- First to be contacted with announcements about auditions, ticket sales, discounts, and more!
Board of Directors Vote
This year’s vote will take place online. Eligible members will receive an email with ballot instructions at noon on Monday August 2, 2021.
The deadline for submitting your ballot is Tuesday August 17, 2021 at 6:30pm.
If you are having trouble locating your ballot email, would like to request a paper ballot, or have any questions about the election, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Board of Directors: Candidates
For this year’s vote we will have 8 board seats open. Members that are running for the board:
Danielle Allore-Taylor (incumbent)
Hello, my name is Danielle Allore-Taylor and I would like to be considered as one of the Board Directors of Centerstage Jackson. I have been a part of Centerstage for almost three years and have been a member of CSJ for a little over one year. I started in Music Man, performed in The Cabaret, and also took part in Peter Pan. I have even gained more experience as a performer in other theater productions outside of CSJ.
I believe myself a valuable candidate because of my previous experience of being a board member for various Jackson groups. The main one being for The Rose Queen Pagent. I collaborated in these groups about making proper arrangements, fundraisers, and organized events. My colleagues found my voice and presence positive and upbeat which helped our discussion. I can definitely bring this to CSJ to work together with other members to keep CSJ at a level of excellence. Thank you for your time to look over my letter and have a great day!
Susanna Ellis (incumbent)
Susanna has been involved in theater since she was seven years old. She enjoys working behind the scenes to make productions (and especially Center Stage Jackson) run smoothly. Susanna has a degree in theater and business and was employed as a stage manager/theater gopher for three years. During the 2015-2016 season, she joined the board and has since served in many capacities including vice president, chair of several committees, co-tech director, stage manager, properties mistress, producer, and more. Theater is Susanna’s passion. She has seen firsthand how being involved in the arts can change lives and help people heal, and she wants to make that opportunity available to as many as possible.
Angie came to know CSJ in 2018 when her daughter earned a lead role in Honk Jr after her very first audition, ever. Angie has since participated in several productions with her daughter including Oliver, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, State Farm and earned her first lead role in CSJ’s production of Making God Laugh in early 2020.
Angie has been married to Brian for almost 19 years and has three children: Nate, Ian and Barley and one grandson, Nixon. Angie enjoys spending time with her family, camping and reading and spends way too much money on her crafts – scrapbooking and quilting.
Angie is a social worker at heart and works as a Community Resource Coordinator at MDHHS where she collaborates with many organizations throughout the county to identify and distribute resources to families in need in our community.
Angie is very interested in working with CSJ in areas of fund development and marketing with special interest in providing teen programming to teach youth how to utilize the skills they demonstrate on stage and in the background to the job market and college applications.
Melissa McElhone has Bachelor’s & Master’s degrees in Theater (and English.) She’s been involved with theater for over 35 years!
Melissa joined CSJ in August 2013 & enjoyed performing in Scrooge The Musical (Mrs. Fezziwig and Assistant Director); Harvey (Veta Louise Simmons); and Joseph (Jacob’s wife) In 2014, Melissa directed the mainstage musical, The Addams Family. In November 2019, Melissa was seen on stage in Jekyl & Hyde: The Musical.
Melissa is heavily involved with CSJ’s Youth Theater, having directed the Spring musical since 2014: Pied Piper, Oz!, Charleston (producer), Pirates, Honk, Jr., Rockin’ Robin Hood, No Strings Attached and enjoyed working with the youth on their recent Zoom productions. What a year!
Melissa’s community involvement, church Drama Team & Leader of Jackson’s Mothers of Preschoolers group provides the Board strong leadership & teamwork skills. Melissa has also trained in Management Melissa enjoys discovering new ideas and creating excellent theater. She is well-spoken & hard-working. Melissa has worked on numerous committees including Sponsorship and Fundraising: Porkapalooza! She’s been on the Board previously for three years. Melissa looks forward to developing solid relationships, staying committed, and being dedicated to Center Stage Jackson.
Dates & Deadlines Breakdown!
Whew, that was a lot of info! Here are all the important dates:
- June 30
- Deadline – Any persons that wish to run for the board of directors must contact Katie Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org by this date, as well as having current membership.
- July 20
- Deadline – Any persons that were not members in the 2019-20 or 2020-21 Season and wish to vote for the board of directors must purchase membership by this date to be eligible to vote.
- August 2
- Voting information will be sent out to eligible members via email by this date.
- August 17
- Deadline – Ballots are due via Event Runner by 6:30pm.
- Virtual Annual Meeting begins online via Zoom at 6:30pm.