- Sunday December 2, 2018, 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Monday December 3, 2018, 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Callbacks will be held on Wednesday December 5, 2018, 6:30pm-9:30pm
Actors only need to attend one night of auditions and can drop by when they are able. Only actors 18 and older will be cast in the show. All levels of experience are welcome!
Jackson’s First Presbyterian Church
743 W. Michigan Ave. Jackson, MI 49202
Veronica is honored to be part of her seventh show with Center Stage Jackson, and her first as Director. She has been on stage for all three collaborative productions between CSJ and the Sandhill Crane Vineyards, and can’t wait for February/March of 2019 when dinner theater audiences will get to experience the side splitting comedy that is Jeeves Intervenes. Other than theater, Veronica enjoys playing games, traveling, and working as a realtor for Keller Williams Realty. She is dedicating the show to her childhood theater company that shut down this May after 25 years of productions.
About this Play
1920s high-society London is once again thrown into chaos by hapless playboy Bertie Wooster, this time in cahoots with his old school chum Eustace Bassington-Bassington. The two hatch a brilliant plan to dupe their meddling relatives in order to save Bertie from an undesired marriage and Eustace from an unwanted job in India. But will the ever-faithful manservant Jeeves be able to rescue these bumbling fools from themselves?
February 15, 16, 17
February 22, 23, 24
March 1, 2, 3, 2019
Please note that there are 9 performances over three weekends
Fridays and Saturdays doors open at 7:00pm, Sundays at 4:00pm
The Sandhill Crane Vineyards
4724 Walz Rd. Jackson, MI 49201
This production calls for…
2 females, 4 males
What actors should expect at auditions
- Actors will be put into small groups to perform their monologues and participate in a few short improv activities
- Actors will not be required to stay the entire audition
What actors should prepare for auditions
- Actors should prepare a one minute comedic monologue that fits the style of the show – memorization is preferred (sample monologues will be available upon request and at auditions if needed)
- Actors should come dressed to move (it is recommended that actors bring a water bottle)
- Actors should bring scheduling conflicts for December 10, 2018 through March 2, 2019 (no rehearsals during Winter Break from Fri. December 21, 2018 through Mon. January 8, 2019)
- Actors may bring a resume and/or head shot, although neither are required
- Actors will NOT be required to do British accents for the show. Please do not prepare monologues with an accent.
- Bertram Wilberforce Wooster:
A wealthy, carefree bachelor with a talent for getting himself into pickles. Fortune favors fools, however, and she has favored Bertie with Jeeves.
Bertie’s valet and the perfect gentleman’s gentleman. Unflappable, infallible and never at a loss when faced with one of Bertie’s little difficulties.
- Eustace Bassington-Bassington AKA “Bassy”:
An old school chum of Berties, he is prone to sudden attacks of love. Bassy scrimps along (barely) on an allowance sent by his crusty uncle.
- Agatha Spencer-Gregson:
Bertie’s fearsome aunt, a born tyrant and a woman who, says Bertie, “gladly wears barbed wire next to the skin.” She is determined to see Bertie wed.
- Gertrude Winklesworth-Bode:
A strong-minded young lady with a penchant for Nietzsche, she views Bertie as clay to be molded…by her.
- Sir Rupert Watlington-Pipps:
Eustace’s short-tempered, skin-flint uncle, a former military man who is bent on forcing his disappointing nephew into becoming a man of worth.
Rough Rehearsal Schedule
- December 10 – December 20 and January 8 – February 1
Rehearsals held Monday-Thursday from 6:30-9:30pm at Jackson’s First Presbyterian Church (one Friday rehearsal on Feb. 1)
- February 4 – February 13
Rehearsals held Monday-Friday from 6pm-10pm at the Sandhill Crane Vineyards (Cue-to-Cue on Sun. February 10th and possible off-site rehearsal on Thurs. February 14th if necessary)
- February 21 & February 28
Brush up rehearsals from 6:30-9:30pm
All actors will be called for most rehearsals. Rehearsals after the move to the winery through final performance are mandatory.
Print Audition Info
Director Veronica Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.