Monday August 19, 2019
Tuesday August 20, 2019
- Auditions will start promptly for all actors at 6:00pm (these are not drop-in style auditions).
- Actors should plan on arriving at 6:00pm and staying until the end.
- Actors that wish to be featured dancers in the burlesque scene should play on staying until 9:00pm (all genders).
- Actors that do NOT wish to dance in the burlesque scene should plan on staying until 8:30pm.
- Actors are welcome to come both nights but not required.
- Callbacks for leads and featured dancers will be held on Wednesday August 21st, 6:00pm-8:30pm.
Jackson’s First Presbyterian Church
743 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49201
About this Musical
An evocative tale of two men – one, a doctor, passionate and romantic; the other, a terrifying madman – and two women – one, beautiful and trusting; the other, beautiful and trusting only herself– both women in love with the same man and both unaware of his dark secret. A devoted man of science, Dr. Henry Jekyll is driven to find a chemical breakthrough that can solve some of mankind’s most challenging medical dilemmas. Rebuffed by the powers that be, he decides to make himself the subject of his own experimental treatments, accidentally unleashing his inner demons along with the man that the world would come to know as Mr. Hyde.
This production is rated PG-13 for mature content and language.
As this is an adult themed production auditioning actors must be 18 years or older.
October 25, 26, 27 and November 1, 2, 3, 2019
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at 3:00pm
Jackson College’s Potter Center
2111 Emmons Rd. Jackson, MI 49201
This production calls for…
Actors age 18+ only.
All genders and body types.
What actors should expect at auditions
- Vocal audition: 16-32 bars
- Cold reading of the script with scene partners
- Actors wishing to be featured burlesque dancers (all genders) in the brothel scene will have a dance audition and should expect to stay until 9:00pm. All other roles will not have to dance at auditions.
What actors should prepare for auditions
- Please prepare only 16-32 bars of a song that represents the style of the show and showcases your range. Songs from the show are acceptable. A piano player and a blue tooth speaker will be provided.
- Actors that would like to be featured dancers in the brothel scene (all genders), wear comfortable clothing for a dance audition.
- Please bring your schedule from August 21 – November 3, 2019 and be prepared to write down any schedule conflicts for this period.
- Gabriel John Utterson: Serves as Jekyll’s lawyer and helpful friend. He advises the troubled doctor on personal and professional affairs.
- Male age 30-45 (flexible)
- Sir Danvers Carew: Emma’s loving father and Chairman of the Board of Governors. A charming and gentle man.
- Male age 60-70 (flexible)
- Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde: Jekyll is a doctor obsessed with discovering the true nature behind the good and evil in man and Emma’s fiancee. After he uses an experimental formula on himself, his evil side – Edward Hyde – takes control. As Hyde, he is violent, commanding, and a sexual deviant attracted to Lucy.
- Male age 30-45 (flexible)
- Simon Stride: The secretary of the Board of Governors and Jekyll’s rival for Emma’s affections.
- Male age 30-40 (flexible)
- Bishop of Basingstrok: A hypocritical, sadistic man of the cloth and a member of the Board of Governors.
- Male age 40-60 (flexible)
- General Lord Glossop: A pompous retired army man and member of the Board of Governors.
- Male age 50-60 (flexible)
- Emma Carew: The daughter of Chairman Danvers and Jekyll’s beloved fiancee who is refined and desired by all of the socialite men.
- Female age 20-25 (flexible)
- Lucy Harris: The gorgeous ‘main attraction’ at a local gentleman’s club. At the bottom of her luck, she becomes the object of Hyde’s obsession. Lucy is feisty and wild, but also cautious and aware.
- Female age 20-30 (flexible)
- Lady Beaconsfield
- Lord Savage
- Sir Archibald Proops
- Party Guests
Rough Rehearsal Schedule
Rehearsals will be held weeknights Monday through Thursday starting September 3, with some weekends added October 11-20.
Director Lisa Cryderman at [email protected] or (517) 539-4118.