To be announced. Auditions for this production are typically held in March. Sign up for our email list to get Audition announcements throughout the year.
To be announced
Sara Long is incredibly excited to direct her second production with Center Stage Jackson, the first being Fiddler on the Roof. Sara graduated from Eastern Michigan University in April of 2016 with a double major in theatre and psychology. She has been a part of over 60 productions in the last 14 years. Peter Pan was the show that made Sara fall in love with theatre when she was only 5 years old and she is thrilled to have the opportunity to direct it with CSJ.
About this Musical
Peter and his mischievous fairy sidekick, Tinkerbell, visit the nursery of the Darling children late one night and, with a sprinkle of pixie dust, begin a magical journey across the stars that none of them will ever forget. In the adventure of a lifetime, the travelers come face to face with a ticking crocodile, a fierce Indian tribe, a band of bungling pirates and, of course, the villainous Captain Hook.
This production is rated G.
June 7, 8, 9 & June 14, 15, 16, 2019
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at 3:00pm
Jackson College’s Potter Center
2111 Emmons Rd. Jackson, MI 49201
This production calls for…
Actors ages 5 and up that are excited to sing, dance, and play make believe in the world of Neverland. This production will be using flying on stage! No previous acting experience required.
What actors should expect at auditions
Actors will be put into small groups to sing, perform a monologue, as well as dance. You will not be required to stay the entire time.
What actors should prepare for auditions
- 16-32 bar cut of a song in a similar style to the show. Bring sheet music for the pianist, a cd, or an iPod with the accompaniment
- 1-2 minute monologue that fits the feeling of the show
- Bring any scheduling conflicts from the beginning of rehearsals until the end of the show
- Come dressed to move
- Wendy Darling: The eldest Darling child. Wendy is compassionate, incredibly loving, and very protective of her younger brothers. She is the child every parent wishes they had.
- Female age 13-16 (flexible)
- John Napoleon Darling: The middle Darling child. A sly smile is always at home on John’s face. He has a mischievous twinkle in his eye and is always ready for an adventure.
- Male age 11-14 (flexible)
- Michael Darling: The youngest Darling child. Never far from his favorite Teddy, Michael is sweet and innocent. He is ever so lovable and very huggable.
- Male age 6-9 (flexible)
- Mrs. Darling: The Darling matriarch. Mrs. Darling glides about gently but swiftly from task to task with motherly precision. She has a pleasant strength to her demeanor.
- Female age 25-45
- Mr. Darling: A bit of grouch, Mr. Darling is a professional who happens to be a father. Though sparkles of his love peak through from time to time, he often has places to go and people to see. He may be of imposing size. Typically played by the same actor as Captain Hook.
- Male age 30-50
- Peter Pan: Childhood and boyishness personified, Peter is athletic and not shy about taking to flight when the moment suits him. His reflexes are catlike and his presence exhilarating. A creature of constant motion.
- Must be able to play a 12-14 year old boy with vocal range Eb2 – C4. All genders will be considered for this role.
- Captain Hook: The one-handed captain of the Jolly-Roger. Relentless and restless in his pursuit of Pan, Hook is short-fused and ridiculous. He is a larger than life villain. Typically played by the same actor as Mr. Darling.
- Male age 30-50
- Smee: Captain Hook’s knockabout lackey. An archetypical evil side-kick, Smee might be a bit rotund and is definitely dwarfed by Hook. Should be portrayed by an actor with physical comedy chops.
- Male age 28-48
- Tiger Lily: A striking Native American princess, Tiger Lily is a tough girl and an excellent dancer. She should command the stage when taking it and move about it as would mist. Must be a strong dancer.
- Female, age flexible.
- Liza: A young maid at the Darling Household who is very skeptical of anything fun. She ends up rediscovering her youth in Neverland. Must be a strong dancer.
- Female age 14-18.
- Indians: Proud and strong members of Tiger Lily’s tribe. Must be strong dancers.
- The Lost Boys: The playful group of boys that live with Peter in Neverland.
- Pirates: A frightening gang of pirates devoted to serving the terrible Captain Hook.
- Various Animals: Enthusiastic creatures that help out around the island in various songs and dances,
Rough Rehearsal Schedule
Monday to Thursday from 6:30-9:30 starting early April. Friday rehearsals may be added occasionally if necessary. Not all actors are called for every rehearsal until closer to tech week.
Katie Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 539-4118.